A Few Easy Tips To Live Healthier
Living healthier is a goal for everybody. If you have been following this blog since it’s birth, you have seen how we are trying to help our readers live a healthier life. However, some of our tips require a drastic change to live as healthy as can be. So, we’ve decided to write a post on how you can work your way towards living healthier. Eventually, we all want to be as healthy as can be but it can be a hard road to go down if you just right in!
So, our tip to live healthier over time is to start small. Drastic changes are a major reason that many health goals never get met. So, here is a list of tips to implement to ease into healthy living:
1. When buying ground beef, buy a smaller percentage of fat. If you used to buy 30% fat, buy 20% fat now.
2. Cook food healthier. Instead of frying everything, bake and barbecue more often.
3. Buy a lower percent of milk fat. If you drink 2%, switch to 1%.
4. Eat more fresh foods. Stay on the outside rows on the grocery stores. That is where you will find fresh fruit, vegetables, fruit juices, fresh meat, and more. The inner rows is where most of the unhealthy processed foods are.
5. Exercise more. If you don’t exercise right now, start exercising once a week and build up from there.
6. Turn off the TV and go to the park. If you have a dog, taking it for a walk is healthier than staring into the ‘stupid box’.
7. Set loose goals. Make sure the goals can be met with your level of change. If you set your goals to high and fail, you will lose motivation.
8. Eat out less. Most of the time, eating out is less healthy than dining in.
9. When eating out, choose a healthier meal.
10. Drink less soda and more sweetened iced tea.
These tips are not hard to implement and they are not drastic changes. Once you cope with the changes found in this post, you can find more changes to make throughout our blog. Build up on your success at the beginning by starting small. Not everybody has the ability to become perfectly healthy overnight!
Have any more easy to implement small tips? Let us know with a comment below!!!